Sunday, July 13, 2014

A little bit of my Taiwan life

Turns out I was such a paranoid. Though the big boss (architect) is kind of hot-tempered, but as we, insignificant interns are not directly supervised under him, so his temper doesn't really bother us. Despite the boss, all colleagues are so friendly. I am not sure whether is it common in Taiwan society that people are well-mannered or is it just me being lucky. 

Have a peek at the company I work in~~


Besides the people, safety is another reason I enjoy doing internship in Taiwan so much. I love how I can walk to any place alone, even in night time, as it is so safe compared to Malaysia! I am staying alone (though I have housemates but... well I am the only Malaysian in my house and my company) and most time I will be alone to buy things, walk to work, have dinner etc. And I can just enjoy being alone without having to worry about robbers.


When to Taichung last weekends, had a lot of fun with TZ, Caiyin and Cyan. 
 Went there by train~ So this is Taichung Train Station. A historical building I guess?

 Went to the famous Feng Jia Night Market, a nice place to shop on weekday. Unfortunately we went on weekend. Hell lot of people I see nothing but humans... and pet dogs. It was fun though, but I believe it would be lot more fun if it was weekday and I had more cash in my pocket.

 Gao Mei Wetland. I once thought it was something like a beach but turned out.... no it was literally a mere wetland, couldn't find any sea there. It was more like a sunken land that had no value cause crops won't grow and developers won't build houses there then the owner of the land suddenly came out with a brilliant idea of making it a tourism spot...

 The Luce Memorial Chapel! Well, as architectural students(cough cough), of course we would find any opportunity to visit iconic buildings. The form is very simple, pure and elegant, and the reason behind it was clear, symbolised the religion and showed the mightiness of god, etc. Alright, run out of word to describe this building already. So thats it.
And spotted people practicing choir in the chapel! So excited to see that!! Joining choir was one of the best part of my life (although I had already left choir so many years ago, and the choir in UPM is simply... completely different from a real choir)!

 We planned to leave Taichung before dinner. Then unexpectedly... train tickets almost sold out. What left was 末班车, meant by the time I reached Kaohsiung it would be midnight already!! Like usual, kept imagining all horrible situations that were gonna happen when I went back alone...... of course I was being paranoid again. Still in one piece so far!



This weekends... just stay at home, surfing internet and reading comics. I meant to save money since tak dapat gaji yet, however.... staying at home doesn't seem to work for reducing spending. Cause I had spent quite an amount of money on... GROCERY. Plus me being clumsy again and broke my housemate's rice pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment